So Far Away

On 15th December 2018 I had sent a friend request to a girl whom I call Pee. I was on my way back to my hometown as my semester got over. Having a glance at her profile picture I thought she was way out of my league and soon realised that nothing will happen between us. I used to text her in facebook thrice a day hoping that someday or sometime soon she will reply me back.
As the days passed my likeness for her grew.

Pee was a free spirit girl who liked to enjoy with her friends and barely cared for relationship and shits. I used to stare down at her profile for hours , looking at her pictures and imaging me with her.

It was 21st December and she got drunk and we were talking on Facebook and suddenly she typed "I'm drunk and want to talk to someone", trust me I got butterflies in my stomach hearing that. She called me sometime around 2am and we started talking.
Pee was a communist and for half an hour she talked about communism and I wasn't aware of such things before and I kept on listening. And now the most important thing happened, she started talking about ber shelf life. - A difficult childhood,- An abusive boyfriend and A supportive mother.

I can recall the fact that one of her friend came to her place and her mom made him eat some 20 luchis. Such was her voice that I remember the things she told me on our first day. Slowly , Pee was becoming an addiction and she wasn't unaware of the fact that this guy is taking his chances to say her ily.

25th December- She was in Shantiniketan for
Paus mela ,and she met her old friends,got drunk and felt down inside the washroom and hurt her ankle.
The next day she gets up in the train and starts her journey back home. She will be anchoring a show in her hometown.
God she is so far , can't I meet her once I wondered.

28th December- I met with an accident and broke my face and the last call was made to her. I remember the fact that I got drunk and called her and the next moment I met with an accident. Things were not going well for me.
But the only thing which was constant for
me was her call every night. She was punctual with the night call and every night she called me and told me about how her day went. Little things like this made me feel better.

23rd January- I was coming back from my hometown to Bangalore and I asked her if she can meet me near the airport. She accepted and I thought I should confess her that I like you not because of your pretty pictures but you were so nice to me.
But fate and god played an important role as we couldn't meet because she was off to her friend's wedding but she was talking to me whilst in train. And then the one crazy thing happened, I boarded the plane and the flight was playing the song 'Perfect' which was her callertune too. I felt like crying and cursed myself for not meeting her but things you want are hard to get.

7th April- She messaged me somethings which were hurtful,things which I am not but I accepted the fact because I never want her to see her sad because I can't think of making her sad.

Pee wherever you are,whatever you are doing. I hope you'll do well. All your dreams and aspirations will come true and you'll be a perfect person. If only if we would had met , things wouldn't had happened like this.

Pee Rani 🌺

Comments